This policy (together with any ancillary documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
Please read the following carefully to understand how we will treat and regard your personal data.
When someone visits www.trymediation.co.uk we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer Cindy Collick at email@example.com
A. COLLATION OF INFORMATION
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our website which includes requesting further services.
2. If you contact us by letter or email, records of the correspondence may be kept, and your contact details will be held until 30 days after we cease to work together.
3. Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access and use.
B. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
1. Personal data that we collect from you via any contact forms through our website will either be sent securely to our email addresses or will be stored on our servers inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
C. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
1. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
2. To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
3. To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
4. To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
D. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our team.
1. We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
B. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
2. We will NOT process your personal data for marketing purposes.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
E. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
1. We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for statistical purposes. This is statistical data about our clients’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
2. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
a) To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
c) To potentially recognise you when you return to our site.
What data do I collect and keep and why do I need it?
Name, Age & relevant Issues – This is basic information that helps me get to know you.
Address, email address & phone number – I use this as a way of contacting you regarding your mediation.
Notes: I may keep brief anonymous notes of our sessions.
Will I share your data and if I do with whom and for what purpose?
It is very unlikely that I will share your data, apart from the examples stated above. I will not sell it on or use it for any unethical reason. I may have to share it if I am subpoenaed by court. If you or anyone you tell me about is at harm or risk of harm I may have to pass this information on. I also have regular supervision where I talk about my work, but this is anonymous.
How will I store your data?
Data is mainly stored in paper format, locked and inaccessible to others. Your phone number is kept on my mobile which is password protected.
How long will I store your data for and how will it be disposed of?
I will keep any notes and your name for 5 years as required by my Indemnity Insurance Policy.